Saturday, August 16, 2014

Tao Kae Noi My Favourite Substitute for Chips

I have found the best substitute snack for chips, it's called 'Tao Kae Noi'. Tao Kae Noi is a Thai dried seaweed snack, it comes in the flat and rolled form of crispy seaweed. It comes in many flavours such as sweet, salty and chilli with a hint of seafood taste. If you hate seaweed or sushi you'll hate this (my seafood hating friends have informed me they hate this too because it's too strong for their likings).
I don't have a clue about the nutrition value and sodium content in this, but if you do have renal failure, an allergy to seafood or special diet don't try this at all, as its very high in flavour and MSG.

This can be incorporated into rice or used in making seaweed soup as it is very flavoursome, but I love it as is - just seaweed chips.

these are the original hot chilli sheets I regular buy, its easier to get my hands on then the big rolls you see below. This regular packet of seaweed in my opinion is more healthier and tastier than chips from the grocery stores, it is very light, crispy and savoury with some spice. 

I love this a lot when I'm bored and have no snack at home, this is my craving. Price wise these aren't as cheap as chips because the above packet cost nearly $3 and below box was nearly $6 (for 12 stick sachets). 

These are big rolls, at my local Asian groceries I usually see it in 2 flavours, original or spicy grilled squid (my favourite). It comes in a long thin halo strip, like a large thin sheet of paper thats been rolled around and dried. This is crunchier and crispier then the packet from above. This flavour is very strong, sweet and spicy so you could choke on it if not swallowed properly - I still love it


3 comments:

  1. What is your source for stating it contains msg?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i researched! is 50% less salt then regular non fried seaweed and NO MSG!! woohoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. great post to read y8n93e3a74 replica louis vuitton handbags replica bags in london replica bags in delhi company website c0q61r9v11 replica bags in dubai replica bags london replica gucci bag t9t61s8t18 replica radley bags

    ReplyDelete